The Executive Committee is made up of parents and friends of the Scout Group. We meet every three months or so and meetings last for about an hour and a half on a week day evening. The Executive Committee plays an important role in the smooth running of the Scout Group and our main purposes are as follows:-
- Support Section Leaders by ensuring that sufficient resources are available to run the sections to provide a varied and interesting programme for our young people.
- Administer group finances to ensure adequate funds are available.
- Ensure that the Nelson Hall Scout Headquarters is well maintained and is also made available for community use.
- Enable the leaders of the sections to have group equipment replaced and added to in a planned manner.
- Promote links with the community, and groups in the UK and other countries
- Two sub groups look after Fundraising and Hall hire and upkeep of the Nelson Hall.
The Chair person of the Group Executive is appointed by the Group Scout Leader.
The Office Bearers of Secretary and Treasurer are elected annually at the AGM. The other members of the Executive are co-opted from parents and leaders of the sections. We don’t restrict membership to parents or for a set period of service but we do welcome new members.
We are very keen to expand the number of adults who are involved in the Executive Committee. If you are interested in helping out on the committee, please click on the Contact Us button on the left (and choose offers of help) and we’ll be in touch, or speak to any member of the committee or any leader.
You are invited to our next meeting at the Scout Hall, to which anyone interested in helping out in any capacity is welcome to come along – please do!
Thank you – Chairperson of the Executive Committee